You have lots of it in your mouth right now and probably don’t even know it. In fact, plaque’s responsible for all sorts of dental problems, from bad breath to tooth decay. Eventually, that sticky, gummy plaque can harden and become tartar, which has to be scraped off your teeth. It’s all pretty unpleasant, really.
Besides visiting the dentist (hi there!) for regular cleanings and brushing properly, there are a few things you can do to reduce the amount that you collect on your teeth. In the grand scheme of things, it’s way better to prevent plaque than to deal with gingivitis or have to sit through a lot of very long dental cleanings. Trust me, your dentist wants your cleanings to be as pleasant as you do.
LiveScience did a nice write-up on plaque a few years ago that you might want to read.
Original Link: https://www.livescience.com/44185-what-is-plaque.html
- I Learned it From You! Your Attitude Toward Oral Health Sets The Standard For For Your Kids
- 4 Services Your Dentist Provides That You Didn’t Even Know You Needed
- Are Your Teeth Causing Your Breakouts?
- Snacking – The Enemy of Your Waistline AND Your Teeth
- Stress Doesn’t Just Make You Frown, It’s Also Ruining Your Smile